function
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

function

automotive junkeez

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
schematic
JDM Newbie
JDM Newbie
schematic

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : i mix alcoholic drinks, deliver pizza's, count money in a vault, n fix automobiles.
Humor : u ask ur friend to pass u a 12 point 10mil. deep he gives u a hammer-friends not to have?
Registration date : 2008-09-11

the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead Empty
PostSubject: the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead   the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 4:49 pm

1)always make sure main harness/engine harness ground is properly grounded. in most honda's it's the one on the thermostat housing. shit will get fucked up, n will run u insane trying to figure it out. u will check cam timing, ignition, injector pulse, main relay, fuel pump, only to find out it won't start sometimes or won't rev because the damn ground harness is loose.

2)to get proper timing belt tension, latch tensioner spring, tighten tensioner bolt, turn crank until spockets move 3 teeth counter clockwise, loosen tensioner bolt, look for pull, tighten bolt n good to go, if still too much slack on water pump side of timing belt, then your belt is stretched or ur tensioner spring is shot.( this doesn't apply if u have a K, fucker)

3)proper fuel pressure is 44psi at the FUEL RAIL- not the filter.

4)don't exceed injector duty cycle which is most efficient at 80% meaning, if ur running on stock 240cc injectors, adding 5 points through out ur powerband on an AFC will put duty cycle higher than 80% n will fuck shit up in the long run.

5)14.7psi is the atmospheric pressure of the earth at sea level- meaning if u have a wideband, always lower than 14.7(rich) never higher, like 15 or more which is (lean) or toasted motor.

6) internal combustion parts are not rated at how much boost/psi they can handle, its how much power then can handle before they break, example b-series will probably blow at 12psi(WRONG) if 12psi was pushing the motor to 300hp on a proper tune, then the engine probably won't last long.

7) CFM can be directly correlated to horsepower, if a heads flows 30CFM at an efficient velocity, then 30CFM will translate to a 30hp gain, GIVE or TAKE a pony or two.

8)O2 sensors don't measure how much fuel an engine is burning, it measure how much air is burnt.

9) "FACT" most broken third gear syncros r driver error. Most people, unconsiously(without knowing) release the clutch pedal, before the gear is actually engaged all the way, causing wear n tear over a period of time, which leads to grindin into 3rd. its faster to get from 1st to 2nd, but our brains register 2nd to 3rd in the same way as 1st to 2nd.

10) always add a fuse or relay, or both to any tap u do to the junction box, like fob lights, or an alarm, or solenoids. a fried wire is hard to trouble shoot," like lookin for a worn in spaghetti" plus electricians like to BS about a problem being difficult, when in fact- to them it was a walk in the park.

11)Just because, someone is ASE certified, doesn't mean they know how to fix a car. "I know from experience"-seen guys with the patch who have a hard time changing an AC belt, because they didn't loosen the tensioner out all the way, yet they get paid more than me...(its one thing to have a year of classroom knowledge, n its another of to have 5 years hands on.

21) "another fact"- i can n will waste jimmy's EK-K lol... Arrow
Back to top Go down
Ek20Rjimmy
JDM Admin
JDM Admin
Ek20Rjimmy

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : naval engineer
Humor : not funny
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead   the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:47 pm

first of all this guy is a baddass mechanic and knows his shit,weve been in the scene since we started driving mom and pops car with no liscense...
secondly, second and third gear grinds is in fact not driver error..please follow link..its the same with bseries i assume..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNOQHAVsbhE

and lastly..with your single cam u dont stand a chance...but..if ur new project pulls through i will have my ass handed to me...hehe...i also have something under my sleeves....

good info btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/i_love_vtec
schematic
JDM Newbie
JDM Newbie
schematic

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : i mix alcoholic drinks, deliver pizza's, count money in a vault, n fix automobiles.
Humor : u ask ur friend to pass u a 12 point 10mil. deep he gives u a hammer-friends not to have?
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead   the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:50 am

you Krack head, i wasn't reffering to the K. everyone on k20a.org knows that the k-series trans likes to take a shit on its owners. b-series didn't have a recall, like the k did. also k's r known for shitting out second gear, not third. so, if u goin to step ur shit up, u better get 5 spares tranny's 3 for me, n 2 for u. lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead   the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the most important crap to know before thinking too far ahead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
function  :: AUTOMOTIVE :: Building Your JDM Motors :: general tech information-
Jump to: