function
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

function

automotive junkeez

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my back up car...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
schematic
JDM Newbie
JDM Newbie
schematic

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : i mix alcoholic drinks, deliver pizza's, count money in a vault, n fix automobiles.
Humor : u ask ur friend to pass u a 12 point 10mil. deep he gives u a hammer-friends not to have?
Registration date : 2008-09-11

my back up car... Empty
PostSubject: my back up car...   my back up car... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 7:43 am

Ok i thought i would share this build. although this isn't a full build, seeing as the motor was assembled n tossed in the car way before this forum was born. This is my back up car(my brother's car actually) just incase the build on my rex isn't done by the time jim ever comes back home.n well my bro's leaving for deployment to iraq next month, so he won't mind.lol... plus i never charged his ass for labor. This is an 89 civic ex sedan...
my back up car... 011
This build has been goin on for a little over a year. the car was in paint for 3months n it took about 5months to obtain the engine rebuild parts, plus a little more time for all the tiny little pieces.Gonna try to push 250hp out of a rebuilt stock bottom end.w/ minor head port n maybe BC cams in the future...
THE PARTS LIST.

BOTTOM END-, fresh hone, federal mogul-main,rod,n thrust washer bearings, n piston rings. Fel-pro gaskets, top to bottom. Basically all the bolt on parts n seals r brand new or freshened. the rods n pistons r stock(for now)
my back up car... 009
HEAD-the head has a basic port job that i've trademarked over the years. Customized head gasket- to have positive seal under boost. n ARP head studs to hold the load. stock intake mani. n TB...

FUEL-Walbro 255lph fuel pump, DSM 450cc injectors, B&M regulator n gauge.(my brother just left to japan to day, to obtain some kind of engine management, n visit his girlfriend)

DRIVETRAIN-Stock flywheel, exedy street disk n pressure plate, stock LS trans.

EXTRAS-basic wire tuck, n brake line tuck, n catch can.
my back up car... 008
my back up car... 003
my back up car... 004
THE PUNCH- cast iron turbo mani., turbonetics t3/t4 Ball bearing(was supposed to go with a straight garret T4 but maybe after some cams n juice come into play)3in. downpipe, 38mm ex. wastegate, mitsubishi evo3 intercooler, blitz blow off valve.
my back up car... 014
i'll post more pics of the head work n engine internally clean when my bro gets back in 4 days. imma try to get the motor started in N/a form tommorow. just need to slap on the oil pan n lash the valvetrain 1st. Then break it in N/a, then install the FI parts n Street tune it on a wideband, im shooting for atleast 10psi 1st. probably gonna back the distributor timing 3 degrees retard, n run NGK BKR7E's coldest plug i cold find out here. the 450cc injectors should be good for about close to double the hp of the b18. just need a means of controlling them.(i just gave up a little tuning secret there) Suspect

This car is far from ready to see the pavement, but atleast she'll start tommorow if the weather holds out. still missing one driveshaft, n need to trim the shift linkage to proper length.
Back to top Go down
Ek20Rjimmy
JDM Admin
JDM Admin
Ek20Rjimmy

Male
Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : naval engineer
Humor : not funny
Registration date : 2008-09-04

my back up car... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my back up car...   my back up car... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 8:04 am

damn u....i didnt kno u were building this....keep up the updates..intrested to see the outcome...u planning on running this on the strip?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/i_love_vtec
schematic
JDM Newbie
JDM Newbie
schematic

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : i mix alcoholic drinks, deliver pizza's, count money in a vault, n fix automobiles.
Humor : u ask ur friend to pass u a 12 point 10mil. deep he gives u a hammer-friends not to have?
Registration date : 2008-09-11

my back up car... Empty
PostSubject: shes alive!   my back up car... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:03 am

so i got the car running, at 1st it wouldn't start. Ran in N/A 240cc injectors, found out the injectors seized up. So i wasn't getting any fuel at all, i guess they were sitting for so long, they probably corroded inside. So i threw on my 120cc Hf injectors, n she fired rite up. And damn, that shit is boss! its on open header, so its loud but no taps or knocks, the motor assembly itself is quiet! like a brand new car off the lot, its so quiet u forget its on n try to start it again...lol. All thats left i the passenger driveshaft, shift linkage, n a tiny ass clutch cable bracket. Then it will be off to the shop again, to get the JDM one piece headlights mounted on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my back up car... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my back up car...   my back up car... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my back up car...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
function  :: AUTOMOTIVE :: Building Your JDM Motors :: FI Boosted-
Jump to: